Helping older adults improve strength, mobility, balance and more
- One out of every three older adults has fallen in the past year.
- 600,000 knee replacements, 285,000 hip replacements and 53,000 shoulder replacements are performed each year in the United States.
Individuals who may benefit from Geriatric Rehabilitation include those who have:
- Balance deficits
- Falls/fear of falling
- Loss of mobility and function
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Neurologic diseases, such as a stroke, Parkinson’s, ataxia
- Orthopaedic injuries and surgeries
- Joint replacement surgeries
- General pain
- Arthritis and related conditions